• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Search Engine Results

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AltaBios

AltaBios

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

One of the pages on my website has never achieved a good result in Google despite me making a whole range of improvements to it. What I donít understand is that it achieves a good ranking in a Yahoo and Bing searches. Even when the actual page name is used as the search term the result in Google is zero, while in both Yahoo and Bing it is where it would be expected in 1st position.

Has anyone any ideas as to what the problem might be?

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,607 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

Are you certain Google has the page indexed? If it doesn't come up when you search on its title, what happens when you search on the title and add the site: operator?

Is the page in your site's main navigation? If not, how many of your pages are linking to it, and are they doing so with relevant anchor text?

#3 AltaBios

AltaBios

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

That is very helpful. I did as you suggested and searched using the page title and site, and it didnít show. That led me to look at the site map where I found a broken link. So obvious! But thank you. It has also caused me to rethink the site map and possibly include every page at every level rather than the just the top three in each product section.

Thanks for your help.

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,789 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:02 AM

Having a site map does NOT mean that all pages will be indexed, the "evidence" points to Google not considering that page "important" or "valuable" enough to include in the index, and having a XML site map is not going to change that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!