• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Negative Review Complicated By Misspelling

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jrchiu

jrchiu

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:34 PM

I am working with an organization which is named after a person, and it is often misspelled. There is a negative review of the organization on Google Places, not under the place page that the organization submitted, but under another one where the name is misspelled and at an old address. Before responding to the negative review should my client ask Google to direct the place pages based on misspellings (there are a few) to the correct page?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:37 PM

Before responding to the negative review should my client ask Google to direct the place pages based on misspellings (there are a few) to the correct page?

I don't believe Google actually responds to those types of requests.

#3 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,573 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

You could correct the errors on the page and claim it (in either order), then have it deleted as a duplicate, but I imagine that would lead to the negative review showing up on your official Places page. If the client is OK with that and is prepared to offer a constructive response to the review, that's not an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!