• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Iframes On Partner Sites - Who Does Google Give "credit" To?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ClarkeyBoy

ClarkeyBoy

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:45 AM

Hey,

So my question is:

If site A has an iFrame which links to a page of links on site B, where does Google read these links as being based at?

If it is site B, are there any other ways in which site A could execute a script based on site B but where site A is given the credit for the links, so if site A had a link to site B, site B would be ranked higher..? I am thinking maybe ajax or something - but would like to use an iFrame if possible as it would be a tiny chunk of code for me to give out.

I mean I know that Google will rank a site higher if it has lots of links pointing to it from external sites. I do not want to explain my idea too much since it would be easy enough to steal - thats why my wording may be confusing and brief, but this is highly relevant in deciding whether or not to go ahead with it.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Richard

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:54 AM

If site A has an iFrame which links to a page of links on site B, where does Google read these links as being based at?

The links would be seen as being part of the actual page/site that they're on, not the page/site that has them wrapped in an iframe.

#3 ClarkeyBoy

ClarkeyBoy

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jul 26 2010, 07:54 AM) View Post
The links would be seen as being part of the actual page/site that they're on, not the page/site that has them wrapped in an iframe.

Damn I was hoping it wouldnt be that, but I suspected that would be the case... So what alternatives are there? I know ajax can load a page into an element through $(element).load(page address), but I cant think of any other ways. I basically want Google (etc) to read the links as though they were generated by the customers website (site A, based on the example in my original post).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Richard

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

It's links pointing TO your page that help your site, not links pointing out.

#5 ClarkeyBoy

ClarkeyBoy

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

Ok I didnt explain my idea fully because I dont want anyone to see my post and take the idea.

Basically my site will have lots of other sites pointing to each other. The list of links displayed on each site will be generated by my site - there will therefore be lots of sites pointing to each other, resulting in increased rankings for all. I want them to use one script in common so that any updates made to the style of the list are reflected immediately in all the sites. Additionally each partner site will point to the main site which will display a list of all the sites involved. Of course there will be multiple themes so that each site can have a list matching their colour scheme - otherwise most of the sites would look horrible.

Trust me - this idea may not seem particularly good at the moment because I am only letting on as much information as I feel I need to. As far as I know there are no "communities" employing this technique currently, not for what I am going to use it for anyway. It may be that it is not possible to achieve this, hence noone else is using this technique - thats what I am trying to find out now.

Regards,

Richard

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Ahhh you want to built a link farm.

There are all kinds of scripts out there already for your idea. You are not the first to think of it. It's been done for at least 10 years or more.

The problem with it is that it's considered search engine spam so you may wish to reconsider it. Google is pretty good at spotting link farms these days, which means that it's highly likely that all the sites in your link farm will end up penalized at some point.

#7 ClarkeyBoy

ClarkeyBoy

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jul 26 2010, 10:06 AM) View Post
Ahhh you want to built a link farm.

There are all kinds of scripts out there already for your idea. You are not the first to think of it. It's been done for at least 10 years or more.

The problem with it is that it's considered search engine spam so you may wish to reconsider it. Google is pretty good at spotting link farms these days, which means that it's highly likely that all the sites in your link farm will end up penalized at some point.

ok now that my idea has a name, I can take it further by possibly explaining to Google what my idea is (with something to demonstrate to them if need be) and seeing if they can create an exception for this (they are probably way too big and im probably way too small for them to create an exception, but hey what harm can asking do?). I am not sure this idea has been tried for my purpose, and I personally think that the benefits of such an implementation of the idea cant really be turned down.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!