• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Set-up Of Offline Campaign

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FrenchynLondon

FrenchynLondon

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:06 AM

Hi all,

I would like to have your advice on a matter that I have encountered with a client.

They are advertising a lot on magazines and newspapers, enticing people to order online by offering a 5% discount when ordering online. Each ad has a unique code that people can enter in a search box on their website to find the product they want to order. But from their analytics, I can see that this search feature is barely used, people tending to go directly to the product via the navigation.

So tracking the impact of the offline campaign on the online orders is pretty complicated then. I was thinking about adding the unique code at the end of the url in the ad (eg www.mydomain.com/abc1234). The thing is, a lot of people seem to type the url in google to find the website. So what I am afraid is that, if I put the unique code at the end of the url and they are typing that in google, if Google has not indexed the page, it won't show up in the results page. Not sure they will give up or try to find an alternative route to the website, hence we might loose business.

What do you think about that? Someone has already encountered such issue?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Krys

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:28 AM

Have you considered using a completely different domain for the offline campaigns?

#3 FrenchynLondon

FrenchynLondon

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jul 22 2010, 01:28 PM) View Post
Have you considered using a completely different domain for the offline campaigns?

As the company is doing several campaigns per month, sometimes several per week, it would be quite a budget to buy new domain names for each campaign. Plus, the company advertises mainly 3 products on several publications (more than 40 different ones over the last 2 years). So the domain would be pretty similar for each campaign anyway...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.