• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Buying Links Versus Partnerships

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 linksearch

linksearch

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

I’m in a very competitive market and something I have been confused about regarding acquiring links. I am considering purchasing dofollow links from content related blogs. I understand this is frown upon. Although, my confusion is what is the difference between buying these type of links versus partnerships links?

What I mean by partnership links is lets say ESPN, USA Today, etc. partners with a big competitor; ESPN, USA Today get their $$$ and the big competitors get their links (big PR links) and some traffic but I think they really want the links. I’m not saying links in the advertise section or nofollow. I mean dofollow and prominent links (in some cases in the menu navigation throughout these “big” sites).

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,913 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

Although, my confusion is what is the difference between buying these type of links versus partnerships links?

There is no difference.

#3 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jul 22 2010, 02:26 PM) View Post
There is no difference.

I remember someone I know once said partnerships links meant paid links, just in a less spammy sounding way...(or something along those lines)

#4 linksearch

linksearch

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(PatrickGer @ Jul 22 2010, 08:57 AM) View Post
I remember someone I know once said partnerships links meant paid links, just in a less spammy sounding way...(or something along those lines)

Are these "partnerships" frown upon like paid links or do the sites receiving the links get a "pass" and get the great PR "juice"? If so how does the small guy compete for the competitive terms in the same industry.

Seems for the small guy to get compete when a lot of links are required is to do some paid links.

What is the thinking for a new site to purchase from say related content blogs; the links would mostly appear on the "Advertise" section or similar and on 1K or more pages of these type of blogs. Is there a good chance of the site being banned (removed) or the links not counting?

Thanks

#5 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

To be honest I have no clue about paid links (just replying because you quoted me, so my not replying doesnt come off as impolite)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!