• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

1 Highly Trusted Link Vs. 1000 "normal" Links

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:18 PM

I was just trying to find out how link building for local sites is typically done and find some good information on it.

This made me realized I'll trust the document more if *1* person in the SEO industry I think of highly (know has constantly given good advice before) has recommended the author of that site/blog before

than if that website/document had 1,000+ (normal - as in not crappy) links from other websites whose credibility i have no idea about.

Can having one relevant link from a highly authoritative site sometimes (often?) help a site's ranking more than 1,000 normal (not crappy!) links? Or is it not really that extreme in the search engine algos (just realized the difference might be that the search engine "knows" something about the credibility of most websites, whereas I dont know anything about the vast majority of SEO websites out there)?

Has anyone here ever seen one single great link blow the competition away (even if they had tons of "decent" links)?:-)

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:10 AM

I would suggest that you re-read this post

#3 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

Or, as Jill and others have put it so well in the past: rankings don't matter nearly so much when you focus on converting traffic. I would accept a million interested visitors from a variety of non-search resources to a banned/penalized site over 100,000 SEO-driven visitors to an "optimized" site any day of the week.

That should be a no-brainer to any Web marketer, in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!