• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Blog Newbie Question On Popular Tags

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Force7

Force7

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:46 AM

Hi,

I hired an assistant to help me with my website tasks and he is somewhat knowledgeable in SEO, but some of his ideas are spammy and I have had to stop a few of his strategies.

Where I think he has a good idea though is suggesting that I add a Blog to our site. After going through the benefits I think that it would be a good place to have potential customers as well as customers that have purchased the software to see tips and information on the products. I had been building a learning center type area but customers never seem to see it so I thought the Blog would be good for SEO as well as placing some of the information. I guess I should also post some of the 'how to' information in the learning center also?

This is Word Press Blog and it resides in a subfolder. The assistant said we need "Popular Tags" add on. After putting in this add on it seems to be generating links to the blog posts. Is this a good thing? or Something that Google no longer recognizes?

Any advice on even doing the blog thing so late in the game? This will be a lot of work so I want to be sure my efforts will not be in vain, especially for SEO.

Thanks!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:14 AM

This is Word Press Blog and it resides in a subfolder. The assistant said we need "Popular Tags" add on. After putting in this add on it seems to be generating links to the blog posts. Is this a good thing? or Something that Google no longer recognizes?

Not enough info to know if it's a good thing or not. Can you be more specific with what it's actually doing?

#3 Force7

Force7

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jul 16 2010, 08:14 AM) View Post
Not enough info to know if it's a good thing or not. Can you be more specific with what it's actually doing?

Here is a link to the page. It creates all these links based on text in the post. (note this is under construction)
www.mydomain.com/blog/

Edited by Force7, 16 July 2010 - 08:29 AM.
removed live link

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:27 AM

It doesn't look like a good idea to me because those tags will essentially be creating multiple URLs for the same or similar content.

That's exactly what you don't want to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!