• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Local / Maps - How Important?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:35 PM

Can you tell us what niche your friend's business is in?

I would think that for a business like a coffee shop, the information on a Places page along with the shop's physical location would be all one would need to know, so it would be pretty important for such a business to get their Places page showing up in the 7-pack (or whatever we're calling it nowadays).

But for a business like a medical or legal practice, even if you're interested in the information on the Places page (especially stuff like testimonials), you'd need to get a look at their website to get a feel for their level of professionalism and trustworthiness. And I think that's probably true for SEOs, too. A number of my clients found me because they were looking for someone local (even though I can work for any business as long as their site is in English), but they need to see my site to get an idea of my philosophy, how I work, what I consider important, etc.

#17 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 16 2010, 09:35 PM) View Post
Can you tell us what niche your friend's business is in?

I feel childish, now, but he did ask me to keep it to myself as it's a good niche (he stumbled into) and is now looking to scale it,etc...

However, it is DEFINITELY more like a medical or legal practice...than a coffee shop (or a pizza delivery or something).

I just realized that it was a misunderstanding, btw...he does have a listing in the maps listing! It's listing "F" (out of listings A-G), however he is the only one who has the keywords in the title for his map listing (which are bolded and might help further). Sorry for the confusion about this biggrin.gif. Am still somewhat surprised that his traffic levels havent declined...as he isn't anywhere near the top for the map listings, but maybe keywords being bolded,etc. helps

#18 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

as he isn't anywhere near the top
That you can see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.