• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

International Domains And Dupicate Content

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tinabug

Tinabug

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

If I have one site as a .com, and another site that is nearly identical but does have some very minor differences and accepts payments in a different currency, such as a .ca and a .uk, will I have duplicate content issues?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,863 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

You will have duplicate content for sure. Whether it's an issue is another question.

It's possible that one or the other site will get filtered out of the search results for relevant keyword phrases, but that shouldn't be a problem if the uk site shows for uk searches, the .ca site for those searches, etc.

#3 Tinabug

Tinabug

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jul 9 2010, 09:20 AM) View Post
You will have duplicate content for sure. Whether it's an issue is another question.

It's possible that one or the other site will get filtered out of the search results for relevant keyword phrases, but that shouldn't be a problem if the uk site shows for uk searches, the .ca site for those searches, etc.

Thanks Jill! So in essence, if I'm in the UK, my search would pull up the UK site and not be hampered by the .com's duplicate content?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,863 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

Well, that's the idea and what should happen. But that doesn't mean it will. All you can do is try it and see how it all plays out and make adjustments as necessary.

#5 Tinabug

Tinabug

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jul 9 2010, 11:01 AM) View Post
Well, that's the idea and what should happen. But that doesn't mean it will. All you can do is try it and see how it all plays out and make adjustments as necessary.

Totally understand..thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!