• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Understanding Adword Keywords

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chris64

chris64

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

I have been doing a lot of research on Adword but even though there is abundant information about Google Adwords and how the keyword principles work, it still leaves me with a lot of questions.

The most urgent question is about (broad) keywords. Can someone please explain to me what the use is of multiple words when using broad keywords?

For example, let's say I am a travel organization that only offers beach vacations. I use the following keywords, set as broad keyword: 'cheap beach vacations'

Now, am I not correct when I state that anyone searching on for example 'cheap watches' could theoretically see my add? Since I used broad keywords, any of those words are individually valid as search term, right?!

So what is the difference between using the single keywords 'cheap' , 'beach' and 'vacations' individually then opposed to using them in a phrase, as in the example above? (using them individually either as broad keyword, phrase or as exact match, since they only contain one word, this should not matter, right?)

I read a lot about what the difference is between the keyword types, but not how using them affect the actual results.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,916 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

Does anything here help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your