• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Quality Content With Keyword Links And Places To Post It

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mattmcb

mattmcb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:35 PM

If I created a quality press release or article with 4 to 5 keywords in it that I want to link to my Web site, where are the best places to submit and distribute that content?

Article sites don't allow the links in the content. PRWeb puts in on their site, but most other sites drop the hyperlinks. Anyone have any suggestions of QUALITY sites that would accept the content?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

Nope. There's no such thing as a quality press release. They exist for news not keywords. Same with articles. Write something great and others will link to it or beg you to let them reprint it on their sites. If they don't then maybe it's not as good as you thought it was.

#3 Catz

Catz

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:10 AM

There's no such thing as a quality press release. They exist for news not keywords. Same with articles.

More people need to hear this message! appl.gif
Write something great and others will link to it or beg you to let them reprint it on their sites. If they don't then maybe it's not as good as you thought it was.
No doubt. If you write an article as a way to offer helpful information to those who come across it, like teaching them something new or explaining how something works, that has the potential to be of value, possibly even linkworthy.

If you are doing it simply to paste keywords and phrases into, chances are it's not going to be considered a quality article (other than poor quality).

Does it offer the reader something of value or was it created simply to use terms you would like the SE's to find you by?

How about adding useful content on your website itself?
Focus on having quality content and more legitimate links will come.

#4 PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

I agree with the above responses but would like to add that there is a method of developing quality links, superior to article and press release marketing, which may also give you more flexibility about what links you can include. It is guest blogging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!