• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Drop Off In Conversions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wood1e

wood1e

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:34 PM

Hi, Just want to clear something up.,...when running my adwords campaign, the URL used in as the destination URL is the homepage.

No I know that is wrong, but when I use the specific URL of the products we are selling, we don't have single product pages but one page for each group of related/same/slightly different in size products, the sales drop like a stone, the CTR remains the same though!!!

The conversions are just not there.

I think the homepage is our best looking page, and possibly inspries confidence...

Could it be that the product pages which are just lists...well not quite but a picture of the product, a description, the price, then the price and a box to select quantity...Although our biggest competitors have a similar product pages in terms of layout.

The depth of the page is quite considerable, some pages upto 30 products deep!!

No I know the short answer is possibly yes it does stop conversions, but I am looking for some constructive ideas, of the best step forward, change the way the products are displayed...stick with the homepage URL at the moment to earn money to pay for the product pages to be upgraded?

That sort of thing!!! Any ideas really smile.gif

Edited by wood1e, 29 June 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,659 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:49 AM

Create some specific product landing pages and run split testing.

#3 Catz

Catz

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:10 AM

The depth of the page is quite considerable, some pages up to 30 products deep

Sounds like you don't have actual product pages but catalog pages with lists of products.

If you are advertising something, the link from your campaign needs to take the visitor to a page about that specific product you are advertising.

Specific product landing pages is the way to go, and the split testing will show you which ads are performing for you and which are not. Then you can see the difference these pages are making, which could motivate you to create more.

#4 wood1e

wood1e

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

We are going to convert the category pages to a similar layout as the homepage...and see what happens.

It was just shocking to see coversion go up when we only use the homepage as the landing page. And then when we use the actual product list page it goes down.

I think we will have to keep the list product pages as our products are not bought individually, for example when you buy pipe you will buy end caps or corner pipes as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!