• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Webpages Disappearing From Google Results

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 locksmith

locksmith

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:35 AM

I hope someone can help me!
I had a site [removed] built in January 2010, the site had pages that were to be found in different areas and were optimised for keywords such as "locksmith redhill".
All was going well and my pages climbed quickly up Google results with many on page one. A few weeks ago my pages disappeared from the results and couldn't even be found anywhere in the first 15 pages of results, however my homepage is still in the results along with a very few area pages.
I have contacted the firm who built the site for me and they didn't know why this would have happened, they also confirmed that they have not made any changes to the site.
If anyone can tell me what has happened and how I can sort this out I would be very grateful.
Many Thanks

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:49 AM

Are the pages still indexed and just not ranking?

It's normal for new sites to show some results right from the start and then lose those later if they haven't built up enough of a following through other sites mentioning them.

#3 locksmith

locksmith

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jun 24 2010, 01:49 PM) View Post
Are the pages still indexed and just not ranking?

It's normal for new sites to show some results right from the start and then lose those later if they haven't built up enough of a following through other sites mentioning them.

Thanks for the reply. I have checked and pages are still indexed.
What would be my best course of action to sort this out?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

Make sure you have something link worthy and then let those who are in a position to link to it, know you exist.

#5 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,619 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

It might also help if the content of each of the location pages was significantly different from the others (more than just the city name), just in case Google has come to their collective senses and are finally treating Mad Libs pages as near duplicate content.

#6 locksmith

locksmith

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 24 2010, 04:19 PM) View Post
It might also help if the content of each of the location pages was significantly different from the others (more than just the city name), just in case Google has come to their collective senses and are finally treating Mad Libs pages as near duplicate content.

Thanks for your replies.
My site has 140 area pages, my problem is that my business offers the same services over all the areas so the page content would be the same.
I understand the comments made but I'm not sure why my site has slipped from the results when my competitors sites which cover a similar amount of areas and employ the same methods (ie; changing the area name of each page but essentially keeping the same content) are still at the top of page 1.
Would it help to get rid of all the 140 links at the bottom of the pages?
Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Once again many thanks.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

Maybe nobody's ratted out the other guys yet.

#8 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,619 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

Would it help to get rid of all the 140 links at the bottom of the pages?

You have 140 footer links on every page? 140 links on every page to 140 pages that are nearly identical to each other?

I think you have to ask yourself whether you believe this is useful for people, or if you're just doing it for search engines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!