• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Backlink Indexation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HyperlinkGlobal

HyperlinkGlobal

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:28 AM

Hello

Glad to have joined the forum.

I urgently need some research in the area of backlink indexation which is quickly becoming my Achilles Heel in terms of SEO knowledge.

I have researched all my normal places and cant find anything. Even on SEOmoz which seems to be a Pandora's Box.

My issue is building backlinks then experiencing an endless wait for them to be indexed (if at all in regards to average quality directories etc.).

I believe that there are a number of techniques that I would consider grey hat such as creating RSS feeds which include URL's of pages with your backlinks on then submitting to RSS Directories which I believe are effective in increasing backlink indexation. Similarly bookmarking backlinks could be seen as spammy too.

Based on my knowledge the only white hat technique is to sit on your hands and wait for the backlinks to appear, but need a second option. I am also slightly concerned about increasing indexation then becoming sandboxed as a result of getting a large number of links indexed at the same time.

Would be great to hear other peoples thoughts and to confirm my theories. Would love any links to authority sources on the subject as I have tried and failed finding any info on this.

Regards

Steve

biggrin.gif

#2 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:16 AM

Based on my knowledge the only white hat technique is to sit on your hands and wait for the backlinks to appear
Never sit on your hands and wait for anything wink1.gif

You simply need to manage good link building campaigns, real ones not spammy ones as you mentioned and your will eventually reap the rewards.

Don't get me wrong, It's a lot of hard work, dedication and effort to build good relationships with other webmasters and finding companies willing to link to you or even read your link request, it can become very tedious.

Hey 99.99% of link requests I receive usually get deleted, some get a response to find out more of what they are offering and then it's usually some black hat BS or scam....So expect others to treat your link requests with the same pinch of salt!

Remember there is nothing you can do to hurry the SE's along and force them to index these backlinks, hey there is no guarantee that even if they index the backlink that it will give you any juice! no one knows the inner workings of the Algo's!

And also remember there is no way of finding evey link you have even if it is indexed, you've never been able to find all backlinks, and i'm not sure you ever will.

Most importantly since these links have been added have you noticed any increase in visotors to your site? does G! analytics show many referrals from these sites?

That is how you can track and guage whether these backlinks are working for you smile.gif

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:04 AM

As we've been discussing in another recent thread here, there's no way to actually know if Google is counting your links or not.

How are you actually seeing if they're indexed?

My feeling is that you should have your great link worthy content, get the word out about it, get your links and just keep doing the same. Why waste time checking to see if they're indexed or not?

You can rest assured that Google knows of all links to your site as they're very good, thorough and quick at indexing everything these days.

#4 HyperlinkGlobal

HyperlinkGlobal

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Jun 21 2010, 02:04 PM) View Post
As we've been discussing in another recent thread here, there's no way to actually know if Google is counting your links or not.

How are you actually seeing if they're indexed?

My feeling is that you should have your great link worthy content, get the word out about it, get your links and just keep doing the same. Why waste time checking to see if they're indexed or not?

You can rest assured that Google knows of all links to your site as they're very good, thorough and quick at indexing everything these days.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I am checking through Yahoo Site Explorer, Open Site Explorer / Linkscape, Link Diagnosis, Google.

I think pinging may be the answer maybe? I will be systematically checking directory links have actually been added etc. and maybe give them a ping if they are not showing up after a number of months? I will be checking to resubmit if they arent there / investigate why etc.

It would be great to know if this is advisable as a lot of SEO's seem to either work hard to massage the indexation of their links or do nothing.

Would be great to get some feedback or see some reference in this area as I have built somewhat of a massive archive of SEO material inc. SEOmoz Pro, SEMPO etc. and the only reference material I have is grey hat in this area from forums. For example there are SEO's that use tools such as SENuke (not really my style / cup of tea) who report success of creating backlinks, then creating RSS feeds of those links, then submitting to RSS Directories as an effective technique. This is prob too high risk for my needs (a very high value site I am working on). This is supposed to force higher indexation of links - but surely cant be white hat.

Your thoughts would be amazing....

HG

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

and the only reference material I have is grey hat in this area from forums.

That's because it definitely is gray.

If pages that your links are on are not being indexed, there's generally going to be a good reason for it. Like perhaps those pages suck?

If they were worth indexing, you can be sure that Google would index them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!