• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Ppc For Clinical Trials - In Germany

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slstg

slstg

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:20 AM

We are building a PPC campaign for a bio-tech company running clinical trials for a medical procedure. The first market they need patients in is Germany. I've been through all of Google's policies related to pharmaceuticals (need a law degree to keep up with them lately) and there is nothing about actual patient recruitment. I assume we will run into trouble getting ads approved but would like to build the campaign as "correctly" as possible. Any ideas of resources to check for guidance?
There are rules like in the US you can use a drug name as a keyword - but outside of the US you can not. So if I offer a surgical alternative to a particular drug and want to advertise to people looking for that drug, apparently Adwords is not the right vehicle to do that anymore.
And if I want to attract Spanish customers to a weight loss product - no can do in Spain via Adwords.

But I divert - just looking for some resources about clinical trial/ patient recruitment via Adwords.

tnx!

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

I'm not an expert on EU pharma laws, but if you're recruiting patients for a trial, it seems likely they wouldn't know anything about the drug/procedure involved in the trial (because, you know, being as it's still in clinical trials it probably hasn't been approved yet). So wouldn't you instead focus on the condition the drug/procedure is supposed to treat?

From what I've seen, a lot of trials also want people who aren't currently getting treatment so as to avoid skewing the trial results with potential residual effects from their existing treatments.

For instance, if you're testing a drug to treat male-pattern baldness, you'd want to mention "male-pattern baldness" in the ad, and use "male-pattern baldness" as a trigger term, not the names of drugs or existing procedures.

Beyond that, if it's a medical product/procedure, you might want to look at search terms physicians might use (again, condition related, not drug/procedure related). It would seem if you could make physicians in the right specialties aware of the trial, they could be good referral sources.

My penny.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!