• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Facebook Pages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,619 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

Now that facebook is automatically generating "community pages" for anything anyone enters as a company, school or even an interest, are we supposed to build those out for organizations we're promoting rather than starting from scratch the old way? Does the option of doing it the old way even still exist?

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,622 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

The old way definitely still exists (as I just last week launched a page for my daytime employer). They're limited to organizations and real people, it seems. If you have a "cause" or general topic you want to promote, that has to be a Community Page.

Go to http://www.facebook....ages/create.php and you have the choice of creating an "official" Fan Page or an unofficial Community Page.

I'm not sure what would happen if you're a brand, public figure or organization and somebody comes along and starts an unofficial Community Page about you that essentially competes with your official Fan Page. I haven't looked into it to see if you could get FB to take down the Community Page or turn over control to you or allow you to fold it in to your official Fan Page or anything like that.

I would think you'd want to do the "traditional" Fan Page if you can, because with that you have some control over what shows up on the page. For a business, I'm made a bit nervous by Community Pages:
If it becomes very popular (attracting thousands of fans), it will be adopted and maintained by the Facebook community.

For a business or brand, I'm not sure I'd want my FB presence to be turned into a wiki, "adopted and maintained" by the FB community. But perhaps that's just me and my uber-controlling ways. smile.gif

--Torka mf_prop.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!