• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Any Help - Why Are All My Pages Not Indexed?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jaffa

jaffa

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:51 AM

Hello,

i have a new web site I have just created (removed). Google visits it about once a week (3 visits now), which is fine. However, if I list all the pages in google (via "SITE: example.COM"), it lists 21 pages as indexed. There are a lot of pages missing - and I cannt understand why.

As an example, It lists the "TERMS.ASPX" page, but none of the header menu pages (registration.aspx, news.aspx, etc) are indexed - with the exception of the Forum.

Is there something about the way that the header menu is coded that Google does not like?

Many thanks for any suggestions?

Jaffa

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,912 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:18 AM

It's a new website so it will take time for Google to completely index it. You'll need to make sure that other sites are linking to it as well, or it may never get fully indexed.

#3 jaffa

jaffa

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:42 AM

Thanks,

I am doing the listing now - linking it from other web sites, directories etc.
I thought that when google hit a web site, it followed all links down - could not understand why some pages were linked, and others not.

thanks for the information.

goodjob.gif

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,603 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:21 AM

I thought that when google hit a web site, it followed all links down

They try to determine how important a site is and then decide how much of their resources they should spend on it. It may take a fraction of a second to index a page, and not a lot of space to save information about it, but with trillions of them out there it adds up.

Because of this, it's normal to find that, even after a site has been around for a while, not all of it is indexed. Since Google is prioritizing, it's a good idea for you to do the same. The way you structure and organize the site helps them figure out which pages are more important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!