• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Site Review

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE(1dmf @ Jun 9 2010, 10:11 AM) View Post
Well the first rule in SEO is, 'Content Is King', so make sure you have some quality, useful and unique content.

There is no rule on how many pages a site should have, but never put up a page that is 'under construction'.

Also you need to understand some basic SEO tips , such as title tag & description, hyperlink text or image alt attributes, proper use of headings and well written copy text to name a few.

Remember to check out the pinned thread : <a href="http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=833" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=833" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=833" target="_blank">[url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php/topic/833-tips-for-new-seos/]Tips for Newbies[/url]</a></a></a>

Someone else will have to advise you on social media as it is something I don't do, it's a personal thing, so not SEO advice.

Hi,

I have found a group of designers within the big cartel network who offer their services to people like me at a budget that I can definately afford.

There is one designer who I like and have been corresponding with.

This is what is included in his fee;

Storefront layout,
design,
blog page,
faq, contact etc
meta keywords

This is a couple websites that he recently created that us pretty cool.

obscureclothing.bigcartel.com/
this one customer hasn't pointed his domain to yet.

icamefromnothing.com/

My question is what else or more am I looking for?

Regards and God Bless!

Marc

Edited by MarcP, 12 June 2010 - 03:07 PM.

#32 Mooro

Mooro

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

icamefromnothing.com/ still uses frames to go through to icamefromnothing.bigcartel.com/

icamefromnothing.bigcartel.com/cart
and
icamefromnothing.com/cart

Are the same, well they look the same but the latter calls a frame set which isn't what you need.

There should only be one address for icamefromnothing.com/cart

Can the cartel do that?

#33 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

I will check. Seems like these shop cart systems have limitations. I'm glad I didn't jump the gun and send him money.

Marc

Edited by MarcP, 12 June 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#34 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

Is it at least better in the right direction?

Marc

#35 1dmf

1dmf

Keep Asking, Keep Questioning, Keep Learning

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:49 AM

Personally I'd say No. frames are bad bad bad!

G! will not see your site, it will index the framed page based on it's actual location, so the SE's will show the URL with the bigcartel in the path.

Anyone offering a hosting service that is not able to do basics such as have it hosted on the REAL domain, shouldn't be touched with a barge pole.

Why don't you look at getting a real web host for your domain and look for cart plugins, hey even PayPal can offer cart plugins!

#36 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:21 AM

Makes sense, I sort of get the concept.

Ok so I have a designer for my big cartel site. I want to take your suggestion about getting a real web host for my domain and look for cart plugins.

What do I inform this designer I want in regards to getting a real web host for my domain and look for cart plugins?

The issue is budget. Seems like designers for big cartel are within the same rates. With the means you suggested it's possible that rate might be more than I can afford.

I was assuming that I seamlessly integrate a bigcartel store into an optimized website for now.

Marc

Edited by MarcP, 14 June 2010 - 06:37 AM.

#37 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

hmmm, cheap hosting is a matter of -> you pay's ya money you takes ya choice.

I have hunted for years for reliable, decent , feature packed hosting, and most I have used suck with a capital S.U.C.K.

I currenty use lunar pages, not the cheapest, and data transfer speeds are much to be desired, but they seem pretty reliable ,offer a whole host of features via the user control panel, domain parking, email, mySQL, apache, CGI (PHP & Perl)..etc.. and their support ticketing system is good, I always get a decent , quick response from them.

Check out my signature Free Dance Music, DMO is hosted on them.

As for shopping cart plugins? dunno you'll have to shop around (excuse the pun), when I used to sell my music online , I wrote my own shopping cart and PayPal intergration. I'm the type that likes to do everything myself, but there must be others here that use plugin / addon shopping carts for their eBusiness.

You might want to start a new thread specificaly targeting that area.

#38 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

Why not just set up a free wordpress site on a fairly cheap host?

#39 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:06 AM

Does wordpress have an eCommerce shopping cart plugin Jill?

#40 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:29 AM

I'm not sure but I found this solution that does...Been reading up on it.

www.ecwid.com/

Marc

#41 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

or I found this for you http://wordpress.org.../wp-e-commerce/

#42 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:58 AM

Thank you!

Marc

#43 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:44 AM

Hello all I'm still in process of the wordpress route, have contacted wp designers.

In the mean time I have found X-Cart. Been corresponding with them. This is a response I received and would like your opinion...

Response:

If creation of a new unique design exceeds your budget, we can offer you to adapt one of free visual scheme (you can find it at page www.x-cart.com/xcart-skin-templates.html) or any commercial graphic prototype (you can see some, created by us, at page www.x-cart.com/graphic-prototypes.html). Or you can use them as it is for your future x-cart based store without any design changes.

Besides a part of the prototypes has a smaller price for the design integration. For example, the Graphic prototype #16 (Sport - fitness) can be integrated for $297.00.
In this case the project will cost $17.00 (regular price of the prototype) + $297.00 (for the integration).

In this case the project will cost $314 + license.

Marc

#44 MarcP

MarcP

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:23 AM

Personally I'd say No. frames are bad bad bad!

G! will not see your site, it will index the framed page based on it's actual location, so the SE's will show the URL with the bigcartel in the path.

Anyone offering a hosting service that is not able to do basics such as have it hosted on the REAL domain, shouldn't be touched with a barge pole.

Why don't you look at getting a real web host for your domain and look for cart plugins, hey even PayPal can offer cart plugins!

after talking to a designer who also has a clothing line and is pretty seo savvy, he suggested an optimized word press site with big cartel seemlessly intergrated.

But I can't afford both right now. He suggested that any web presense is better than none even though big cartel is not what you want for bonafied seo. He suggested I get a big cartel design and in the future a word press site optimized can easily be implemented.

Marc

#45 1dmf

1dmf

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:28 AM

That's always the problem when trying to start up a new company with no investment or budget.

If you really must go online and not spend anything doing it then I'd take their advice and do what you can within your budget.

But if it's a matter of getting a cheap online presence with eCommerce capabilities for payments and shopping cart, why not open an eBay shop?

AFAIK that's the easiest, cheapest way of starting a buisness online without large setup costs and you already have access to potential customers who currenty purchase via eBay.

I think it's something worth considering anyhow, what do you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!