• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Joomla vs. Wordpress

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marchy

Marchy

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

Can someone tell me why on my regular site (Joomla) I add new pages, They are linked on my index page (latest news) and in all my websites it takes a lot of time to get them crawled even ifI put new content very often. Now I have a wordpress blog that I have one new post a day and that post get crawled within minutes sometimes.

Is wordpress? Why does it get crawled that fast compare to my regular site which I put more content.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,619 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

I've split this off into a new topic.

Do both sites have an RSS feed? If so, do they both ping the search engines when new pages are published? What about XML sitemaps -- do they both have them, are they automatically updated and are the search engines alerted to changes?

#3 Marchy

Marchy

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(qwerty @ May 28 2010, 02:08 PM) View Post
I've split this off into a new topic.

Do both sites have an RSS feed? If so, do they both ping the search engines when new pages are published? What about XML sitemaps -- do they both have them, are they automatically updated and are the search engines alerted to changes?

Thanks for replying, No the joomla does not have any rss and does not ping the SEs. I will look and probably found a plugin for joomla for this. The wordpress has an rss feed and ping the SEs.

#4 Marchy

Marchy

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:51 AM

I am getting it done. Thanks for the advice. Now I was wondering, I get pages (content) done by outside source and they always comes by 10 at a time every 2 weeks. Now would you suggest to add one a day or to just add them all every 2 weeks. I had a blog and someone was writing every single day. My post were picked up by the SEs within minutes they were written.

Just wondering what you guys think about that?

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,961 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:23 AM

Now would you suggest to add one a day or to just add them all every 2 weeks.

I would imagine it would be fairly overwhelming to your users to suddenly see a pile of articles on your website, which would make them less likely to be read.

One a day or even every other day would probably be manageable for most of your users to read through and come back for more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!