• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Link Building Tasks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mgp14

mgp14

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:35 AM

Hi!
I'm new to seo, but pretty much understand what is Link building and how is done. I need your advice and suggestions to complete my list of link building tasks that I will be doing in a company where I'm employed and given this task to build links.

So, my list will look like this:

1. Article posting - 1 article/week
2. Press release - 1 pr/month
3. Writing a blog - 1 post/week
4. Posting on facebook page of company - 2 wall posts/month
5. ...

I did not mention submission to directorys because I allready done it. Please help me to build the list of tasks. My company is in travel industry.

Thank you very much !

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,675 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:59 PM

So nothing to do with SEO then!

Just a load of junk link building and machine gun marketing to get one shot ineffectual traffic that leaves just as quickly as it arrives.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

Don't really see how the things you mentioned will bring you any high quality links.

For instance, how will writing a blog post create links to your site?

#4 mgp14

mgp14

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

I know that the best would be that I write quality content that atracts natural links and beg (buy) links from authority sites.
But my company already has that. We have quality content and we have links from good sites. But, my boss wants more. And doesn't want to spend a lot of money.

I need to write a list of tasks what to do to atract more links. Starting a blog about travel industry was one of my ideas. I would link the blog with company website. I know that this would not do much, but is something...

What could you suggest me ?

thanks.

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(mgp14 @ May 30 2010, 12:58 PM) View Post
I know that the best would be that I write quality content that atracts natural links and beg (buy) links from authority sites....

Technically, I think most of the experienced people here would agree with me that "quality" content really doesn't need to beg or buy links.

A site that is just starting out, which no one knows about, needs to acquire some links to build visibility. But once people start visiting your site, then usually just putting up the "quality" content (and making sure they can easily find it) is sufficient to draw in those natural links.

Link building is not the same as link baiting or even just naturally acquiring links. Link building is where you go out and build links for any of several reasons, including but not necessarily limited to:
  • Increasing your site's visibility in well-trafficked resources (usually Web directories and news sites)
  • Building relationships with other sites (so they regularly promote your site to their visitors)
  • Acquiring targeted link anchor text to supplement your on-page optimization for specific keywords

...But my company already has that. We have quality content and we have links from good sites. But, my boss wants more. And doesn't want to spend a lot of money.

But what are you supposed to do with those links? What is their purpose?

I need to write a list of tasks what to do to atract more links. Starting a blog about travel industry was one of my ideas. I would link the blog with company website. I know that this would not do much, but is something...

What could you suggest me ?

thanks.

Travelogue sites are a dime a dozen. A blog can work well if you bring a new angle to the process that appeals to people, giving them insight and/or information they're not likely to find elsewhere.

But the blog itself will get the links. You then have to leverage the blog's linking power to link back to your main site, and that is where a good writing skill is required. You don't just want to put sitewide or margin links on the blog. You want a portion of the articles to link to your main site.

The question is, will you (or your boss) agree to link out to other sites (don't even THINK I am suggesting "competitors") so that the blog becomes a true, useful resource?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!