• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Getting Rid Of Client's Spammy Text

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

I have potential new client who has hundreds of keywords and suburbs crammed onto the bottom of every page. In addition, they have keywords repeated far too frequently in the actual page content too.

I've explained to them that thier customers don't want to read text that says "We provide pet grooming in Springfield, pet grooming on Oakville, pet grooming in Riverside", and that if I SEO their site - all that will have to change.

The problem is, that strategy is working for them, and I cannot guarantee that my more visitor-friendly techniques will keep their visitor/new customer stats as high.

They bought my explanation about why spammy SEO is not pleasant for visitors, but now they seem to think a combination of my style and the spammy style would be just perfect!

I'm not sure where to go with this now. Anyone had a similar exerience?

Edited by Say Yebo, 19 May 2010 - 05:12 PM.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

It's a tricky situation.

On the one hand, you don't want to wreck a good thing. On the other, rewriting the content and removing the keyword stuffing will likely help not hurt.

Problem is, you can't guarantee that it won't hurt. A compromise to start might actually be a good idea. If that doesn't hurt the rankings, you could move more and more towards removing the stuffing all together.

It is tough though because sometimes Google does indeed reward keyword stuffing. Or it just might be ranking well despite the keyword stuffing.

#3 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ May 19 2010, 08:11 PM) View Post
A compromise to start might actually be a good idea.

That's a fair thought Jill - thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!