• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

E-books Vs. Membership Sites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

If you used the exact same content, and
1.)tried to sell it as an e-book
2.)tried to sell it as a membership site

would 2.) almost always have higher conversion rates and make more money, nowadays that everyone associates e-books with "crap(py) content" (as the format has been misused too much), whereas membership sites don't have that problem?

Could membership sites go the same route (in case I'm right about my assumption that membership sites sell better than e-books everything else (including the content) being equal)?

#2 Mooro

Mooro

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:07 AM

The best thing to do is some testing to let the figures speak for themselves rather then guess.

I'm running a premium download service, priced a lot more than our competitors for the same content and it seems to work at 3.00 vs 0.59 - I'm also launching a subscription site with the same pricing as competitors but with repeat monthly billings of 11 which fund a user account by 10.

Only the stats will be able to tell which model performs the best!

There's nothing to stop you doing two sites with a different business model on each.

#3 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

I agree on testing > speculating.

However, I dont have a website of my own currently - it's just that my curiosity made me ask.

Did I understand this right that...for the exact same content your membership site gets you 3,00 vs. 0,59 as an e-book version? (I Just read it again and think I didnt biggrin.gif b/c youre running a download service, and you probably dont sell downloads as an e-book?lol)

QUOTE(Mooro @ May 22 2010, 03:07 PM) View Post
The best thing to do is some testing to let the figures speak for themselves rather then guess.

I'm running a premium download service, priced a lot more than our competitors for the same content and it seems to work at 3.00 vs 0.59 - I'm also launching a subscription site with the same pricing as competitors but with repeat monthly billings of 11 which fund a user account by 10.

Only the stats will be able to tell which model performs the best!

There's nothing to stop you doing two sites with a different business model on each.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!