• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Making The Most Of Articles, Post On Your Site, Ezinearticles.com Or B

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Article Handling Pole (0 member(s) have cast votes)

You have written 10 articles do you...

1. Post them to ezinearticles.com only (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Submit them to as many article sites as possible not your website (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Post them on your website only (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Post them on your site and as many articles sites as possible (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Post them on your site & ezinearticles.com only (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 chandldj

chandldj

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

I have a number of articles and i'm not sure if I should be just putting them on sites like ezinearticles.com, posting them to 100 article sites, posting them just to my site or a combination of the above.

If you had 10 articles, what would you do for the best result?

Thank you in advance for your help!

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,675 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:05 AM

What do you expect to get by posting them?

#3 chandldj

chandldj

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ May 16 2010, 04:05 AM) View Post
What do you expect to get by posting them?

I'm looking to use these articles to get quality links / content for my site to get high SE rankings.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

I put mine in my newsletter which goes out to 25,000 people. I let people know in the newsletter that if they want to republish them on their site to email me for a bio they can add to it. Then I also archive them on my site.

I also tweet the URLs to my 6000+ twitter followers, and have recently added the retweet button and the facebook like button to the archived articles.

I've never submitted any of my articles to any article directories, although I have found them scraped by many of them.

Now you might say that my situation is different because I have so many newsletter subscribers and twitter followers, but the fact is that I have them for a reason. That's what your goal should be...to seek out the population of people who will be interested in reading your articles and then have numerous vehicles for letting them know they exist.

#5 chandldj

chandldj

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:05 AM

That's a great goal. I do plan on adding a newsletter to my website and I do have a very, very small twitter following. But this is not practical for me in the short term. As you said, I am not in your situation so I don't have that luxury, but I will work towards it.

So putting your self in the shoes of a < 1 year old website looking to gain some exposure and increase rankings what would you do. Am I allowed to say the website is horsematsusa.com? smile.gif

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

Hang out in places online where your target audience hangs out. Be helpful, answer questions, make friends.

#7 chandldj

chandldj

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ May 16 2010, 02:50 PM) View Post
Hang out in places online where your target audience hangs out. Be helpful, answer questions, make friends.

Hi Jill, love your site, understand and like your philosophy. Forget SEO, help people, add good content, build a network, etc and the people will come. I am working towards this long term. However, in relation to this particular situation that I have outlined above. I am a new site with a series of articles... how am I best to make use of these articles with the aim to increase my rankings from the options above or some other option?

Thanks again.

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,865 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:51 AM

Forget SEO

Where did I say to forget SEO?

how am I best to make use of these articles with the aim to increase my rankings from the options above or some other option?

I guess I don't understand the question then, because I thought I already answered it.

I'm not really sure how you think articles will increase your rankings. Your articles themselves may rank for long-tail keywords that are naturally used within them, but other than that, what else are you looking for?

#9 Busine55

Busine55

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

Hi,

There are a lot of articles in almost all categories and the article sites and article submission sites are getting more and more these days.

If you have 10 articles in different niches, it's better to create some outstanding articles, original and informative in case you want to post to various article sites. These will stand out amongst the rest of the articles.

Jill is using newsletter and twitter, which I think is a good idea. I also use twitter to tweet some free stuff to my followers. Newsletter, you will only go for it, if you have regular news, tips and informative articles to share with your subscribers.

Cheers !
Vince

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!