• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

How Much To Pay Seo Sales Consultant?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 andrewB

andrewB

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:16 AM

I'm looking at getting my friend, (yes I know about working with friends!) who is in sales already to pay him on a commission only based percentage for SEO contracts.

I'm trying to work out what a good percentage would be? I was thinking 15% for the lifetime of the client, which can add up to a lot if the client stays for at least 2 years.

$1000/month contract = $1800/year for sales person = $3600 / 2 years = 10x clients = $18,000 year.

$2000/month contract = $3600/year for sales person = $7200 / 2 years = 10x clients = $36,000 year.

note he's not doing this full time and he's only doing Sales nothing else. 15% might not sound like much at first but overtime he's not doing any work but receiving residual income.

is 15% to high or reasonable?

what do you think?

#2 SEOreports

SEOreports

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:43 AM

If that is what he agrees to then it is fair.

#3 andrewB

andrewB

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

Yes if he agrees but I'm wondering about any typical rates that people in here offer?

#4 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

In this industry, you won't find any typical rates. International contractors and newbies might charge $10 an hour, seasoned pros as much as $500 an hour.

Edit: Nevermind- just reread your post. You aren't offering to pay for SEO work, just sales. That really has nothing to do with SEO at all... it's a sales commission.

#5 andrewB

andrewB

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:34 AM

I realize there are no typical rates for Sales commissions too but I'm hoping a few people can pitch in with what they offer for referals?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!