• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Site Not Getting Listed With Google

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 aSplash

aSplash

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE(Catz @ May 18 2010, 06:36 PM) View Post
That was my first thought as well. searchme.gif

Thanks for that usefull input. I have had success with many SEO projects and never had a site not get indexed. I have worked with the highest ranked SEO company in the UK and read every word in their reports they did for us as well as spending 100's of hours reading up on every aspect SEO. If you have somthing for me to look into that would be very usefull, if not the why bother posting ?

#17 Catz

Catz

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:27 PM

It seems many times when a site does well in Yahoo but does not show up (or do well) in Google SERPS, more focus has been put on getting links (quantity, not quality) into the site than on the actual site content or functionality itself.

One would guess most of the 150 links you got were not because someone saw your site, liked it and linked to it.

As Michael mentioned, there are quite a few things you might not think of as necessary (like reviewing the robots.txt) that could be preventing Google from indexing your pages. Could be a technical issue, he mentioned many to look into.

Or Scottie could be right, and you are just being too impatient. She has waited more than twice as long as you have and we know she will have created a quality site worthy of indexing.

Could this be an affiliate website? Or basically a duplicate of another website that is already online with a few words changed here and there?

You have not explained anything about the actual website for us to work with to offer the answers you seek. Once you have posted enough to get a site review, we can offer more useful advice (though you have been given many possible issues to look into already).

They are links that only show when google bit crawls the site. I have always had a worry about this (not my idea) but they have seemed to work well on our other sites.

This does sound a little suspicious. Can you give a better explanation of what you mean by this? If you have been doing something you "have always worried about" but just hadn't been penalized for yet, that could certainly be an issue to look into.

It sounds like perhaps you are caught up in the PR more than the quality/content of the sites linking to you.

One other question, are the actual pages linking to you high PR or just the site itself? A high PR site can have low PR internally, especially for pages they are using to link out to others.

#18 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

I just had a thought about this. By any chance is it a wordpress site? And if so, might you mistakenly have turned the indexing option off? It's common.

Other things to check: robots.txt file and whether you have noindex, nofollow tags on pages.

#19 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

I've had a look at the site. I'll leave it up to aSplash whether it's OK for me to post what I found (none of which was really conclusive) publicly.

#20 nuttakorn

nuttakorn

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

Please also check about long tail keywords traffic, even your own website name , Do you get some traffic from Organic for those keywords?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.