• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Example Of Good Keyword Optimised Content

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 FrenchynLondon

FrenchynLondon

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:54 AM

Hi everyone,

I am pretty new at SEO and though I am starting to get an idea of the technical things to know when optimising a website for SE, I have still big holes in my knowledge that I would like to file...

One of the things that I am not confident with is the copywriting. Do you have any good example of content optimised for specific keyword? I have the feeling that it would help me understand some mechanisms.

If you have example, could you give me the link where the content is and the keyword phrase(s) for which it has been optimised?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Krys

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,771 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:38 AM

On a page that has been CORRECTLY optimised you should not be able to tell what the "keywords" are. It is only the badly written pages where the "keywords" stick out like sore thumbs!

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,912 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:01 AM

Check out the articles on Karon's MarketingWords site. She has a lot of case studies with examples.

#4 FrenchynLondon

FrenchynLondon

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ May 7 2010, 01:38 PM) View Post
On a page that has been CORRECTLY optimised you should not be able to tell what the "keywords" are. It is only the badly written pages where the "keywords" stick out like sore thumbs!

Thanks Jill, I'm going to have a look at that over the week-end. smile.gif

#5 FrenchynLondon

FrenchynLondon

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(FrenchynLondon @ May 7 2010, 02:05 PM) View Post
Thanks Jill, I'm going to have a look at that over the week-end. smile.gif

Hi again. Thanks Jill for the interesting article, that was very helpful.

I have a general question though about acquiring knowledge in SEO. I am reading a lot of things, try to get the appropriate online training (through Lynda.com for example), subscribed to a bunch of blogs and forum to follow what's going on and learn new things... But the pretty frustrating thing is that I have the feeling that the more I learn new things about SEO, the less knowledgeable I feel compared to what is required to know when dealing with SEO.

My question is, at what point does this feeling start to fade/stop in order to start saying that we can actually do SEO properly?

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,771 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:46 AM

My question is, at what point does this feeling start to fade/stop in order to start saying that we can actually do SEO properly?

Probably when you figure out that most of the forums are populated by SEO wannabees who have less of a clue about SEO than you do and most blogs are written by self proclaimed "experts" who regurgitate ten year old mis-information.

#7 FrenchynLondon

FrenchynLondon

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ May 14 2010, 05:46 PM) View Post
Probably when you figure out that most of the forums are populated by SEO wannabees who have less of a clue about SEO than you do and most blogs are written by self proclaimed "experts" who regurgitate ten year old mis-information.

Well most of the forums and blogs that I follow are the ones recommended by Jill in her SEO training on Lynda.com, plus a few ones that I found pretty interesting/relevant/uptodate. So I hope not to be too misleaded by those on my quest of SEO knowledge...

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,912 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

When you start to see results.

Stop reading about SEO and start doing it.

#9 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:48 PM

This is really something you learn by doing, and it takes time because optimization isn't something you do today and see results tomorrow- it's a long term investment.

#10 Catz

Catz

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

optimization isn't something you do today and see results tomorrow- it's a long term investment

This is so important for people to understand! thumbup1.gif

So many just don't get it. Rushing things thinking you have to get a ton of incoming links all at once (going for quantity rather than quality) and cutting corners in your optimization to save time now just ends up costing you in the end.

Too many people expect instant results, not considering that if you have a website and plan to keep it online over time...slow and steady wins the race.

Taking the time to do it right the first time more than pays for itself over the long haul. victory.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!