• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Index Page Dissapeared

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:09 AM

hi guys ive noticed that my home page is no longer indexed in google?

when i type my websites name normally it shows the main index link and loads of site links.

this is no longer there?

all my other pages seem to be ok.

Any ideas? We launched a new site but the page was mirrored so all seo was same etc, any one come across this before?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

Since this happened when you launched a new site, you'll want to look at technical issues.

Did the home page URL change? Were there previously redirects that are no longer there? Or vice versa?

What else changed?

This would need some digging to see what the problem is (if anything).

What happens if you do a site:yoursite.com search at Google? Does your home page show there?

#3 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ May 1 2010, 03:56 PM) View Post
Since this happened when you launched a new site, you'll want to look at technical issues.

Did the home page URL change? Were there previously redirects that are no longer there? Or vice versa?

What else changed?

This would need some digging to see what the problem is (if anything).

What happens if you do a site:yoursite.com search at Google? Does your home page show there?

hello,

the index page does not seem to be there when I do that command :-(

nothing has changed in terms of URL etc it simply a new design.

It seems there are a lot of key words aswell that we were in top 3 fir and are no longer showing.

We did have some technical issues and the site was not working correctly and/or was down for a day or so. Do you think this could have caused it? According to the page rank tool we still have pr 3.

What is worst case? It's deleted my index as it thought site was down and it will re appear?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

We did have some technical issues and the site was not working correctly and/or was down for a day or so.

Yes, that could have something to do with it. When was it back up?

#5 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

it was up and working properly on Thursday/Friday.

The links were there on Friday evening

Pretty much we changed webhost to a viryual server (VPS) had a nightmare nothing worked as it should, the home page was showing a 403 forbidden error for a day or so. The ngineers couldnt sort the problem so i had to go back to a standard shared web hosting package.

So over the last week we have changed hosts twice and had some downtime in between, so its been a bit inconsistent.

Site is now working properly, any links that were not working in google are now 301 redirected and work fine.

Ive done some searching on google for some of our products and it seems to be showing up our products and our main category links, it just seems to be our main page thats been hit???

or example when i searced the word "woodburner" our homepage always came up as #1 we are no longer there.

Even if i type our websites name in it doesnt come up with the main page and the deep links like it used to.

Is there any way of finding out from google whats happened?

EDIT: ok its been about an hour since i posted this and all of a sudden it came back! then 20 minutes later the search wasnt showing up again. Ive noticed that in the cach of my home page it still shows my old website home page. do you think its updating the site and has removed the page until its done?

Edited by Jill, 02 May 2010 - 07:59 AM.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,929 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

Your fine now. Once all the databases sync up it will be there all the time.

#7 seoisgod

seoisgod

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:04 AM

Thanks Jill,

It seems to be coming and then going, so hopefully as you say it will sort itself out.

Ive got a programme that provides live chat on the site and it tells me every time a new vistior is on the page etc and its been busy so they seem to be coming on to the site.

Thanks for all your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!