• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What's The Issue With Duplicate Content Anyway?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flarbas

flarbas

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

First off, let me say how much I love this forum. I appreciate how helpful everybody is and its taking me a lot of self control to just ask hundreds of questions as I blunder into this SEO stuff.

The one thing that I don't understand is what the problem with duplicate content is, beyond its bad and don't do it.

For example our company is a B2B that sells a product to several countries. In many ways they are almost identical - best practices are best practices the world around - but there are also very real differences. Beyond the change in language "behavior vs behaviour", there are different regulatory names; the IRS is one thing in one country but something different in the other.

I would like to have a separate landing pages for each product for each country where I target certain linguistic changes for SEO purposes, and point out what is specific in our product to each country, I feel that's good and right for targeting our content for search engines but also for the customer; but really 80 percent of the content is going to be similar.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

I would like to have a separate landing pages for each product for each country where I target certain linguistic changes for SEO purposes, and point out what is specific in our product to each country, I feel that's good and right for targeting our content for search engines but also for the customer; but really 80 percent of the content is going to be similar.

It's fine.

Best practice is to have either subdomains or subdirectories of your main site that target each individual country.

Or if you can get them, even better is to buy the country TLD and have separate country websites.

Regardless of how you do it, the duplicate content is not a problem. There's no such thing as a duplicate content penalty, if that's what you were concerned about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!