• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Google Analytics Mobile Visitors Tracking Code And Button Tracking / E

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KamalChandran

KamalChandran

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:08 AM

One of my client wants to track visitors to their website from Mobiles that do not support Javascript using Google Analytics. They also want to track the buttons using onclick code and videos using event tracking code.

I took the GA mobile code by selecting the option "A site built for a mobile phone" and was about to go for implementation. But once I noticed the below statement given along with the code, I became doubtful on the codes ability to track buttons and events.

"Note: Do not use desktop tracking code on pages where you use mobile tracking."

I think onclick tracking code and event tracking code works only while using the desktop tracking code (ga.js) which executes Javascript.

I keep forward the following question to the savvy gentlemen in this forum to help me out in fulfilling my client's requirements completely.

Can the Mobile analytics code provided by Google track the clicks on buttons and interactions with videos in a given web page using onclick tracking code and event tracking code respectively?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!