• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Gwt Includes Click Through Data

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andy_Seo

Andy_Seo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:36 AM

I was wondering if anyone had any initial thoughts on GWT including click through/page impressions data? I know some are very skeptical of the data that GWT serves up sometimes - however I thought I would share. Link

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,926 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:06 AM

I saw all the news about that on Twitter last night and was just about to check it out myself. It appears that it could be some very interesting data, from the articles I read.

[added]

Okay, I just looked. It's pretty freakin' awesome!

I can see a lot of uses for it including keyword research. But more than that, it would be great for conversion optimization. Because if you know your typically ranking in the top 5 (or wherever) and you can see the number of impressions you get, it would be very cool and interesting to try to see if you can increase your clickthrough rate.

I'd like to see them integrate this data into Google Analytics though. Adding impressions and ctr there would be awesome.

#3 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

Unfortunately, it seems to be as incomplete as the data you get from Webmaster Tools. How is that Google cannot track its own network traffic?

#4 Andy_Seo

Andy_Seo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE(Michael Martinez @ Apr 16 2010, 01:47 AM) View Post
Unfortunately, it seems to be as incomplete as the data you get from Webmaster Tools. How is that Google cannot track its own network traffic?

Cannot track or won't release? I promise you i'm not that cynical in everyday life. :-)

#5 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

Or maybe the task of merging data from multiple data centers is still more complex than Google can admit to.

Maybe I'm just being too hard on them but they seem to set such a low standard in quality for all the information they provide to Webmasters.

Would I rather look at 20 keywords with reported rankings or supposedly "all" of them with click-through data? Sure, I'll take the CTR data if I have time to establish a baseline profile for benchmarking.

I'm not ready to marry my metrics to Google, however. I can get better data from other tools.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!