• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Inlink Location And Tag Links

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ddzc

ddzc

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hi all, I have a couple of questions...might as well put both in the same thread?

1) I'm wondering if Google looks/prefers the location of an inbound link towards your site. For eg, does it prefer links coming from the body of an article or does it devalue links which are put up on a sidebar? Is their a problem with sidebar links because many sites have pages where the sidebar is followed..therefore you'll essentially have tons of links coming from the one domain b/c of the subpages.

2) I have a blog type site with a bunch of posts on one page but I have like 10-15 internal links with the same keyword because of the tags I created in Wordpress. Should I remove these tags? Does google care about all of the links on the page automatically created by wordpress for the tags?

Thanks

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

I'm wondering if Google looks/prefers the location of an inbound link towards your site. For eg, does it prefer links coming from the body of an article or does it devalue links which are put up on a sidebar?

I'm not sure that's an (easily) answerable question. For the most part, I would assume they are valued the same, but that's just my opinion.

I have a blog type site with a bunch of posts on one page but I have like 10-15 internal links with the same keyword because of the tags I created in Wordpress. Should I remove these tags?

What are the tags for? To make your site more user-friendly? If so, then why remove them? Of course if there's no purpose for them for your users, then yes, you should remove them.

Does google care about all of the links on the page automatically created by wordpress for the tags?

It's my understanding that if you have a bunch of links with the same anchor text on a page, that only the first instance of the anchor text will pass its link juice. This is only what I've heard from others, however, not something I've tested for myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!