• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

DMOZ and Yahoo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ocreef

ocreef

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

Hello All,

Newbie here... it's a pleasure to meet everyone. I look forward to a few interesting conversations to come.

Regarding Dmoz, I have been trying to get listed since 2007. Quite possibly, I've been listed on some of their channels, including AOL search etc.. But as far as dmoz.org goes, my url is not listed. I've heard that by contacting the person in charge of your related category can give you a 50/50 shot..., however I cannot find their email on those relating pages.

I've even applied to become an editor on dmoz for my related pet industry, which I actually would of loved doing, besides that fact of the inclusion of my own url.... but they denied me, stating I only had my own web-store in my best interest, and not my related subject. If they only knew I was genuinely interested, plus I have twenty -five years experience with the marine animals that I sell products for.

Questions:

What is everyones thoughts on paying the $299 to be listed on the Yahoo! Directory? Is it worth it?

Can anyone recommend alternatives to advertising other than the norm... i.e. Google Adwords, Yahoo and Ask?

Lastly where can I get a good reputable and affordable seo package, without paying hundreds of dollars per month? Does this even exist?

Thanks for the help guys and gals....

#2 Cappymoo

Cappymoo

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE(ocreef @ Apr 11 2010, 04:23 PM) View Post
Lastly where can I get a good reputable and affordable seo package, without paying hundreds of dollars per month? Does this even exist?

Hi Ocreef, new here myself.

I really don't know what others charge for SEO packages overall, so don't wish to speak out of turn. I will however offer up the obvious. I would say that the people who come here are either leaders in the Organic SEO industry (example Jill), new to SEO industry but looking to be leaders, or business owners/associates who are providing services for their own company.

Nearly everything that a company can need to produce a solid SEO package for themselves is contained in this wonderfully informative space, but as you will see over time even for experts in the field, it still takes time to manage your accounts. The more solid the company is at their job, the higher premium they can charge for their services. A bit like you, I came here to learn what I didn't know; in my case to better the services I could offer my clients. Unfortunately the more time I spend researching what should and should not exist in a reputable package, the more I realize that I'm not offering all I should, nor could it be done "right" in a short period of time.

The one thing to remember about what the people do here is that if your not getting the traffic you need, and a quality company is hired to help you, that money spent should convert to ROI over time...this is especially true if your in a highly competitive field.

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,934 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:37 AM

You do NOT pay to be listed in the Yahoo! directory. You pay for an annual review to see IF your site can be listed. There are no guarantees that your site will be listed and the fee is non-returnable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!