• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Hub Pages

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:43 PM

I've done a small amount of reading about Hub Pages, for instance www.hubpages.com, but can't really connect the dots. Can someone kindly provide some insight on hub pages, do they make a worthwhile difference, is it worth the effort, etc? Tx, Bob

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,008 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:23 PM

IMO, it's a place to post spammy crap that links back to you.

#3 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:30 PM

Hmmm - that's pretty straight. Unless someone jumps in with a bail out, I will cross this off my list. It may be wishful thinking but I thought that one of the FAQ files said that Google appreciates this type of spam. Or is this the power of persuasive marketing?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,008 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Unfortunately, Google appreciates lots of types of spam still.

#5 Maria83

Maria83

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

Sorry to bump this old thread up...I just wanted to confirm then, would hub pages be a place to spend some time on then? Obviously not the top priority by the looks of things but to say add five articles or so a month with links pointing back to my site?

And I'm assuming something like the Squiddo pages is much the same story?

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

Having pages on "other sites" with links to your site is only useful if somebody actually links to those "other" pages, then your site site gets some second hand link "value".

If all you are after is the links, just put the pages directly on your site and promote it there. That way your site/page gets first hand value from the link.

IF the "article" is to promote YOU as being an authority on a particular topic/subject, then put it wherever people interested in that topic are likely to read.

#7 Maria83

Maria83

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:58 PM

Great - thanks for that reply. That clears things up much more for me. I was somewhat under the impression having that link from the hubpage linking to my homepage was worth quite a bit of weight in terms of ranking for a hyperlinked keyword.

So from a strictly ranking standpoint (not factoring in someone linking to the hubpage that I wrote), it's no more helpful to place an article on hubpages than it is on someone else's blog/site in my industry?

#8 Mooro

Mooro

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:15 AM

I hear terms like hub pages and squiddoo lenses and the first thing that springs to mind is it's BS.

Why dilute your content and efforts when your site needs the effort and content more than any spider baiting spam trap ever could!

#9 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 06:05 AM

linking to my homepage
and there is another thing.

Why does it have to link to your "home page"?

If the "article" is promoting a service you provide it should link to a page on your site where you can go into more depth.
If it is promoting a product it should link to the product page.

If it is promoting YOU link to a "biog" page on your site.

A good way of using "articles", "social media" etc etc, as a site promotional tool is to publish "teasers" for full articles on your site, that way, interested readers have to visit your site to read the article.

#10 mee

mee

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Mar 29 2010, 03:35 PM) View Post
Unfortunately, Google appreciates lots of types of spam still.

because the spam brings Google money, Google itself is responsible for major part of the web-spam and junk content, They could have set a bit higher higher inclusion criteria for sites in Adsense program but they chose to allow all the MFAs and autoblogs and RSS syndicated sites and what not hence making the web an ugly place of same copy/paste stuff everywhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!