• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Comptronicstec.com Computers, Electronics, & Technology Blog/forum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DV-Design

DV-Design

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

CompTronicsTec.com is a Computer, Electronics, & Technology blog/forum. My goal is to simply offer a centralized collection of my experiences and knowlege in the above 3 broad topics to anyone who may be interested in part or in whole. Im not really interested in monetizing the site, however if i find myself getting enough traffic im prepaired to use adsense. My primary objective is to get the site in serps to make fidning pages/posts on my site easy for people.

Im open to critism, suggestions, maybe even a little praise tongue.gif Thanks.

Is this site completed or under construction?
Relatively speaking its finished, but its there are always things that may be tweeked/added to improve it.

If completed:
How long has the site been up?
1-2 weeks

SEO
Do you have incoming links?
Not sure, i have my signature links from various other sites, my twitter page, my youtube page. In the next few days ill have facebook up. Also a few links in forum topics, mostly for tech support though.

What keywords are you targeting?
This is very broad. The reason being that i am focusing on keywords within each post, as i expect that the majority of traffic will land people within a post, not on my home page. Due to this, the keywords are dependant on what the blog post is about. Typically speaking, the tags for any given post (or combinations of them) are the keywords id like to target for that post.

Do you want your code reviewed for errors or improvements?
Sure

Marketing
Who is your target audience?
Anyone interested in Computers, Technology, or Electronics as it applies to home use. This can range from the tech enthusist like myself to the average person looking for a little help, gamers, etc.

Why is your site different from sites selling/offering similar info/goods/services? Why will someone want to do business you?
My site is an effort to consolidate a wide range of similar yet often seperate information in one easy to access place. Its for other people like myself who have an interest but not a professional knowlege of all the topics. As an example, they may be interested in Windows Home Server, so they read an article on my site and then think to themselves, "centralizing my data on a server would be great, so would backing up my movies." and then they see another post about backing up movies...so instead of having to bounce like a ping pong ball across search engines they can get loosely related topics all in one place

How important is usability?
Very inportant. I dont want users at any point to feel like the site is broken or "too much trouble". I want them to easily be able to transition between topics, commenting, and even posting their own questions/content.

What is the purpose of the site? (inform, sell, online community, support B&M business, contact info only, etc)
The purpose of this site is to share my experiences and knowlege of 3 broad topics; Computers, Technology, and Electronics, as they pertain to home usage. Instead of me posting in ~10 specific forum sites, i figured i might as well consolidate my findings in one easy to access place.

Design
Do you want design suggestions?
Im open to suggestions.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,886 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:37 AM

Since your content, at least some of it, is already published elsewhere, e.g., forum.wegotserved.com it's doubtful you'll gain much traction with your site.

#3 Hic

Hic

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:37 AM

Hi ..

About the design .. it will be more professional if you customize the arras theme a little bit because there are hundreds of websites that look exactly like yours ..

I was bored once and I did 14 color variations for the arras theme, check in here http://www.youtips.n...utips-sites.php if you want to get some ideas ..

Also a logo will be welcomed I think ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!