• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Drop In Rankings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aSplash

aSplash

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hi
i am new to this forum, I usualy think i am pretty good at seo but a recent drop in rankings has caused me to seek some help.
The site i have been working on is <removed see [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules]Forum Rules[/url] > It has always been on the middle of the first page of goole for the search term <removed>. I have been working very hard to get it to the top 3 of google which was going well, until i started deleted unwanted url's. I have deleted around 150 url's, some that had got indexed from an old database and some from and an old blog, and just some regular out of date files. I used the proper method using robots.txt and webmaster tools, since then my site has dropped at least 4 places on google and on to the second page. does anyone know what i have done wrong, will my site recover, should i have deletes so many file at once ???
any info much appreciated
jos

Edited by chrishirst, 23 March 2010 - 07:25 AM.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:54 AM

A 4 place drop is perfectly normal and can just be the result of seeing different databases.

Read the Tips for Newbies and make sure your optimizing all that you can, and keep on making link worthy content and get the word out about it.

#3 kevs

kevs

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

Jill, I had another post with similar question.
BTW I did a name search on my name to find that post and could not. It only showed 10 results even though I have many more than 10 posts.

IN any case, on this topic -- I had a #2 position for several years for a key search term. I got dropped to page 5.
It did correct after a couple of weeks, but now is back to page 5 for a month now, so I'm exasperated.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Kevs, you talking about this thread?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your