• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Keep The Site Being The 1. Searchresult In Google

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lgunner

lgunner

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:47 PM

Hey Forum

I'm new here, so this is my first post smile.gif
I have a question about keeping me at the top of google searchresults. I'm making a new site for a firm called [removed], which is an IT consultant firm here in Denmakr. Right now, almost their whole site is made of html documents, but i will make it to a CMS with wordpress. Their site is from 1993 and they are the top result if you search "windows kurser" in www.google.dk. They want to keep it that way, cause they are getting alot of customers from google.. So my question is: How do i keep the site being the first searchresult with the change of their site, from html to a wordpress CMS??

Thank you for helping me out

#2 AgSEO

AgSEO

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:35 PM

If they've already got no. 1 rankings then it'd suggest their inbound link profile is OK. Make sure the phrase is in the title tags of the homepage.

Ongoing SEO is the only way to keep a site ranking highly.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

Please see my articles about seo redesigns as they outline the things to watch out for when you redesign a website that is performing well in the search engines.

This Google search shows most of my articles on the topic of SEO Redesigns.

#4 lgunner

lgunner

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

Ohh great!!! Thank you very much smile.gif

Well i was kinda worried when my client told me that this was the most important thing to keep on their website, that they were no. 1 and thereby above their competitors in google searchresults. But thanks to you i now have the opportunity for this and can with a clear conscience take the job.

Can you guarantee that this will work? Cause i don't wanna get into trouble with my client? tongue.gif

#5 MaryKrysia

MaryKrysia

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

This is the way things work now on Google and the other large search engines.

There are no guarantees that the search engine algorithms will remains the same forever.

My vote is that the web site should be fine with these changes and should remain that way as long as someone stays on top of the optimization and any future algorithm changes.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

Can you guarantee that this will work? Cause i don't wanna get into trouble with my client?

Can we guarantee that WHAT will work?

Did you read the articles? There's a whole lot of things you'll have to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!