• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Moving From The Uk To The Usa, Taking A Site With Me!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hex

Hex

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:22 PM

I have a site which gets very few visitors and its based in the UK (on a UK host), its a .org and there are not many searches for the terms that the site ranks for in the UK, however, when I look at the number of searches for keywords which the site ranks for in the US there are a lot (>10 compared to something like 400 per month).

The site is a bit of a hobby project and not something I can ever see been a huge money maker other than a few adsense clicks. The site ranks on the first page of google for some terms and has the number 1 spot for a search term that is not very common in the UK but gets a lot of US searches.

It is currently showing up around page 3 for people who are searching from the US and I wanted to get everyones thoughts on moving the site onto a US based host, I think that this could improve the rankings a lot but is there any way to guess as to the impact that is would have? I would like to take advantage of the US searches and would gladly bin off the handful of UK based visitors I get in exchange for the US ones given the volume!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!