• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Help Me With Press Release

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kynduvme

kynduvme

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

I am new to writing press releases. If anyone can help me with it that would be great. IT is for launching a new site.

DESTINATION BOUND BRIDES PLAN LOCALLY, WED GLOBALLY

A new destination wedding website built by, for, and about destination bound brides and grooms announces its launch. Say I-do to Wedded Away.

Atlanta, GA, 2010 Founded by husband and wife WeddedAway.com which aims to provide brides a passport to planning from anywhere in the world announced its launch today.

A brides ultimate virtual concierge Wedded Away connects brides to vendors, venues, industry experts, inspirational ideas and more. Users can find information on planning, fashion, local resources, and locations. Destination brides can also search for wedding venues by destination or category. In addition, brides will find engaging and entertaining content, photo galleries and video, as well as other social networking tools that enable brides to share findings with others.

The services and information provided are free for all visitors. Join the growing destination wedding community today, visit: www.weddedaway.com

###

#2 DrMarie

DrMarie

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

I was recently learning about press releases and got a neat email tutorial from Joan Stewart, Publicity Hound. (Google it and I'm sure you will find it).

To get more press for my website I recently decided to donate 100% of the profits for the rest of the month to a local charity. Then, I emailed local news outlets and let them know what I was doing. I just this second got off the phone with a local radio station who did an interview with me and it will be on the news today!

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

Where it gets fun working with local press is when you get coverage (typically from a local newspaper) that also feeds their stuff to places like the Associated Press.

Of course you can't know if the local newspaper feeds AP/UPI or any other distribution service, nor whether the story will get picked up and disseminated to a wider audience. But when it happens it's an awfully nice thing to see.

I actually had a site I help out with end up in a segment on NBC's Today Show once, all originating from the fact that a little local newspaper had run a story because of a press release being sent directly to them, a story that then got picked up and covered by the local radio and tv and caught the eye of some producer on the Today show. And the whole series of things happen in under two weeks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!