• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Whats The Best Way To Get A Pdf Doc To Rank Well In The Serpts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meakerseeker

meakerseeker

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

I uploaded a seo optimized pdf doc at docstoc & bookmarked it at digg,reddit & mixx.

I've pinged it twice within 48's and it's nowhere in the serpts with the keyword in titled
there's 32,900 competing pages how do I get it to rank in the top ten.

#2 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

umm... You've said nothing that would get the document indexed, let alone ranking well.

There's not a huge difference between getting a PDF to rank and an html pages. So you follow the same basic good practices.

#3 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

From another thread I understand that you can do some customization of title or perhaps description of PDF docs. Is this what you are talking about when you say you optimized it? I don't believe optimizing that page will ensure that it gets found, just make it a tad closer to page 1, position 1 when the site is indexed.

By pinging I presume you mean doing a google or associate and perhaps a quoted search on some unique phrase within the document to find it.

I uploaded a seo optimized pdf doc at docstoc & bookmarked it at digg,reddit & mixx.

Is there any guarantee that doing any of the above is going to get it indexed faster? It's been a while but seems to me that with Digg if someone adds a note and comments on your article and it gets dugg that this helps. Or maybe I'm firing blanks. Been a while, don't quote me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!