• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Ranking Better On Yahoo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hans G.

Hans G.

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

Hi all. I've always been curious about something. In all my years of designing and marketing sites, I've noticed that while my sites usually do very well on Google and Bing/MSN, they always receive much lower rankings on Yahoo. So I usually rank 1-5 for "example item" on G & B, but rank 45 on Y. It's always like this! Because my sites have received a high amount of traffic, I never really minded it much. But when it comes to maximizing the effort and squeezing out as much traffic as possible, that additional Yahoo traffic would certainly be nice. So the question is: Are there things that Yahoo especially likes when it comes to SEO? Things that should be done specifically for better Y rankings?

#2 inspiroHost

inspiroHost

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:32 PM

I have the opposite problem. Our Yahoo rankings are pretty good, but Google seems harder to break into.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,775 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:54 AM

What's your percentage of traffic from Yahoo, Hans? You may not be doing as poorly as you think. There's just not a lot of people using them these days so you shouldn't expect more than a few percentage points of traffic to be from them.

#4 jsp1983

jsp1983

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Jill @ Mar 14 2010, 02:54 PM) View Post
What's your percentage of traffic from Yahoo, Hans? You may not be doing as poorly as you think. There's just not a lot of people using them these days so you shouldn't expect more than a few percentage points of traffic to be from them.

Funnily enough, my site does better out of Yahoo! and Bing combined than Google, which represents about 45% of my traffic. My rankings in both Yahoo! and Bing are comparably better, though. Visitors from Yahoo! and Bing also seem to spend longer on my site, have a lower bounce rate and look at more pages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!