• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Strange Loss Of Pr | Need Help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hic

Hic

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:14 AM

Hi ..

one of my websites was PR3, two or three days back .. hundreds of indexed pages in the website were PR2 and PR1 ..

The domain wasn't dropped or something, I registered it since the beginning and built backlinks naturally (and the backlinks still there) ..

But two days ago it showed PR0 .. I didn't link to any website or asked someone to link to me since a while now ..

the SERP is ok, the traffic is the same, but the PR dropped ..

I can't figure it out .. any ideas ?

Some people said it will be the same again after a short period of time .. don't know if this is true ..

PS: the nature of my website make the PR important, so please no "the PR isn't important if your traffic still the same" ..

Will appreciate your help ..

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:34 AM

the SERP is ok, the traffic is the same, but the PR dropped ..

PS: the nature of my website make the PR important, so please no "the PR isn't important if your traffic still the same" ..

I'd say to find a new business model since the toolbar PR doesn't work and never has. If you're basing your livelihood off of that, then you're pretty much screwed since you have no control over how/when they decide to show color on it.

In addition, since your business model is based on toolbar PR, it's possible Google took it all away on purpose because they don't like people building their businesses off of PR.

#3 PatrickGer

PatrickGer

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:57 AM

I'm genuninely interested in knowing the answer to the question Im about to ask, so please dont think Im trying to be annoying :-):

Why is the PR important to your business model, if the traffic and search engine rankings are still the same?

Do you need to show a high PR to other people for link requests or to sell SEO services to some people, using a high PR as your marketing angle?

I'm really just curious, because it doesnt make sense in my head (esp. as you have figured out that your traffic and rankings still are the same)

#4 Hic

Hic

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:06 PM

it's like an encyclopedia ..
it gets huge traffic from SE, from people seeking information ..

I need the PR to attract writers/experts to enhance the content .. and yes there are many talented writers that are attracted by getting a link back from a PR4 or PR3 page ..

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

Perhaps you could spend your time on educating those people as to why the toolbar PR on your site means nothing, and instead show them your traffic stats and the type of exposure they'll get if they add their information to your site.

#6 Hic

Hic

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Mar 7 2010, 01:15 PM) View Post
Perhaps you could spend your time on educating those people as to why the toolbar PR on your site means nothing, and instead show them your traffic stats and the type of exposure they'll get if they add their information to your site.

Unfortunately, it will take more time to see webmasters think more about the traffic ..
It's not the case already ..

Anyway, I hope that the PR will get back to 4 or 5 in the next update .. The PR is important because many people think that it's important not because it has a huge weight in the algorithm ..

Thanks for answering ..

#7 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

You may be able to compensate for the lack of Toolbar PR by embedding a traffic widget on your site (keep in mind that could lead to occasional technical burps). If your writers can see for themselves how much traffic your site gets, maybe they'll care less about the PR.

Maybe not. It's a pity the SEO community made such a fuss about Toolbar PR for so long. Now people believe it's important when it's not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!