There are thousands of URL’s indexed in Yahoo under the old domain still, and only two from the new domain, even 6 months having shut down Yahoo Search Submit (They learned their vendor continued to submit the old domain name, but again its been 6 months). Many of the old files listed in Yahoo result in 404’s now
Some facts and things we’ve done -
- A 301 has been working correctly at least since we started working with them in October. It redirects the old domain to the new
- And XML site map has been in place and submitted for the new domain name since at least September
- We submited a request for help via Yahoo’s Site Explorer account.
- There are no other domain names they own that could be inadvertently pointing to the old domain name
- The checked the live site to ensure there are no links using the old domain name
- We’ve had them contact the higher quality web sites that link to the old domain name to update their links (but again there’s been a 301 in place anyway)