• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Best Practice For Reciprocal Link On Blog

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nozmo

Nozmo

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

I am trying to understand the best method for linking on a blog - that is within your primary website. We don't have this in place today - we currently have an outside blog, but should be adding a blog to our primary website soon. In any case, when you have a blog within a website, and you exchange bog roll links with someone, what is the best way to have the link that comes back to us? Should it be to the blog page - www. website.com/blog or should it be to the website homepage as www. website.com?

Based on what I have (I think) learned, having the blog within the website is a good way of constantly adding content to our website. Is this "fresh" content viewed by search engines good for the entire site, or just the blog portion of the site (I'm not sure that question makes complete sense - sorry)?

Also, assuming you are using the www. website.com/blog set-up. Does have a snippets section (like most current blog posts) on the home page add any seo value.

I am attempting to incorporate WP software to create the blog on our website.

Thanks,

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,878 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

Should it be to the blog page - www. website.com/blog or should it be to the website homepage as www. website.com?

You should link to whatever page on any site, be it a blog page, a home page or an individual post page, that would be of most value to your site visitors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!