• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Indexing Delay For 7 Days

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 seocms

seocms

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

Hello,

I need some tips or advise. See the problem is that Google is indexing my new post after 7 days from the day that they are posted live.

I search by the whole title within the first 7 days and they do not show. what shows is the home page and in the description it shows the title of the post.

After 7 days have passed, I search with the title and the articles comes up as first.

I been wondering what could be causing this problem. This has been happening for about 3 months, before 3 months ago the post use to index within 30 minutes of going live.

If you have any advise or solutions or if this happened to you before, please let me know and I greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you,

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,959 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

And??

why does it matter??

#3 seocms

seocms

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(chrishirst @ Feb 22 2010, 12:06 PM) View Post
And??
why does it matter??

well, if it was indexing withing 1 hour and now within 7 days, thats why it matters?

Just don't know what else i can think of that i can do, or maybe this is something normal that any site goes thorugh?

Any ideas?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

You need more links pointing to the site so that the search engines believe it important enough to index more quickly.

Are the posts time sensitive? If not, can't they wait a week to get indexed?

#5 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,621 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

I search by the whole title within the first 7 days and they do not show. what shows is the home page and in the description it shows the title of the post.

So we're talking about a blog, right? When you publish a new post, it's available both as its own page, and as a part of the home page. It's not surprising that a search engine would return your home page in the result of a search on any of the text from the post as long as the post is on the home page, because the home page is the most powerful page on the site. Once the post has moved off the home page, then its own page is the most relevant for that text.

The only way you're going to change that is to either get a lot of links pointing to the individual post page quickly (and get those links recognized quickly), or to not publish the new post to your home page (which is likely to increase the amount of time it takes to get the content indexed). You could compromise and publish just an introductory snippet of the post on the home page, but then any text in that snippet will still be deemed more relevant to the search than the individual post's page until it's gone from the home page.

#6 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

If you don't need more links it could be that your posting frequency is not short enough to warrant immediate indexing. I have noticed that some blogs can lose their ability to achieve near-instant visibility when the bloggers go for long periods of time without blogging.

But we're really guessing in the dark here. You didn't explain much about your site. Did you change anything, anything at all, 3 months ago?

For example, did you add an SEO plug-in that maybe embeds "noindex" or "nofollow" tags on pages or links?

Did you change your categories?

Did you turn off categories and/or tags?

(NOTE: I'm assuming this is a blog site.)

#7 seocms

seocms

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

The theme was change but i also have the same theme in another sites and those were not affected in any manner.

I believe i have plenty of links coming to the site, in further research i found a topic in google forums.

see:

http://www.google.co...m...7d678&hl=en

Everyone there is having the same issue. Why, only google knows.

#8 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

Looking at some of the sites mentioned in that discussion, I see they are using the All-In-One SEO plug-in, which screws up your Website's crawlability. They're lucky they are getting indexed at all.

As I asked before, are you using any SEO plug-ins?

If so, get rid of them.

#9 seocms

seocms

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

I noticed too that all in one seo is a common plugin. But if i get rid of any seo plugin then how to optimize for keywords in your niche?

What have you guys/gals have to say about headspace2.

Any comments or help is welcome!

Thanks

#10 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,959 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:22 AM

But if i get rid of any seo plugin then how to optimize for keywords in your niche?

Maybe you would have to go back to "the olden days" and actually think about how to write things!!!!!

#11 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:22 AM

What Chris is saying is that it's not necessary to have a plug in to do SEO.

#12 Mhoram

Mhoram

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

But if you're using Wordpress, you can't change the <title> and other SEO-important tags outside the body of your posts without a plugin of some sort, right?

#13 Hank Cowdog

Hank Cowdog

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Location:Chair, Den, Wylie, Outside Dallas, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(Michael Martinez @ Mar 2 2010, 06:27 PM) View Post
Looking at some of the sites mentioned in that discussion, I see they are using the All-In-One SEO plug-in, which screws up your Website's crawlability. They're lucky they are getting indexed at all.

Not to threadjack here, Michael, but in what way do you feel the All-In-One SEO plug-in "screws up [a] Website's crawlability"?

#14 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(Mhoram @ Mar 4 2010, 02:34 PM) View Post
But if you're using Wordpress, you can't change the <title> and other SEO-important tags outside the body of your posts without a plugin of some sort, right?

Yes you can. Wordpress added that capability long ago. There is absolutely no need to be using SEO plug-ins for Wordpress.

#15 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Hank Cowdog @ Mar 5 2010, 07:51 AM) View Post
Not to threadjack here, Michael, but in what way do you feel the All-In-One SEO plug-in "screws up [a] Website's crawlability"?

It tries to "sculpt PageRank", which cannot be done effectively. Google has been advising people to NOT do this and to STOP doing this.

When you block search engines from crawling and indexing pages, and then your site has trouble getting content into the search indexes, the first thing on your checklist should be to STOP BLOCKING the search engines.

There is absolutely no value in using these plug-ins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!