• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Is Bing Quick To Pick Up On Changes?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 maleman

maleman

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

Greetings,

I'd like some advice and any is welcome. Here is the scenario with a 40 page site:

Several pages rank well in Bing for KWs. Two new pages are added and then links are added across the site that point to the new pages.

Will Bing pick up changes pretty quick and SERPs stay about the same?

Or will SERPs fall off into the abyss for a long, long time?

Thanks for your input! whitehat.gif

#2 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(maleman @ Feb 20 2010, 01:19 AM) View Post

Thanks for your input! whitehat.gif

It's impossible to say for sure how QUICKLY bing will pick up the changes, imo how often you have previously updated your content is an influencing factor.

Algo's tend to visit sites that update more often..than those that stay "static" for longer periods of time.

Why would your site disappear? From what you have stated...you have simply added NEW pages..not changed existing ones.

If these pages are theme centric to the rest of your site..then surely..to me..this can only help your site.

IMO it's not always a good idea to "over-cook" on the internal linking side of things..be careful of that.

unsure.gif

#3 Vintor

Vintor

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:25 AM

I don't think Bing updates nearly as often as Google does. My blog website has been indexed and pushed to the front page of Google before Bing even indexed it.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:12 AM

It's likely nothing will happen, but the only way to know this (or anything in SEO) is to try it and see.

Not really sure how you would expect anyone to have an answer to this question that is very specific to your site, its pages, the way it's structured, the keywords you're talking about, and many other factors that all contribute to when/if they will show up for a search query.

Just do it, rather than ask about it.

#5 maleman

maleman

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:23 PM

Thanks to you people for your input.
Just do it, rather than ask about it.

Consider it done... LOL
Not really sure how you would expect anyone to have an answer to this question that is very specific

Not looking for "specific" info about what might happen. I wouldn't expect anybody to be able to be able say specifically what happens after making updates.

Looking for "general" input on Bing concerning site updates.

#6 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 02:54 PM

It's one of those It Depends answers unfortunately Maleman.

As a very general rule I would say Bing is not as quick as Google with their updates. However I have seen cases where Bing has been right there with Google on the timing issue. I could not tell you if Bing considers those sites to be more important so spiders much more often or if I simply got lucky and happened to make a change in the days preceding a new spider run Bing had scheduled all on their own.

#7 maleman

maleman

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

Thanks Randy,

I haven't made any big changes since Bing took over from Live Search.

IME so far, judging from log files, increase in traffic from Bing is steadily increasing. I'll go out on a limb and say that people are using Bing way more than the old "Live Search". Hopefully they're fast at indexing, updating, etc

#8 maleman

maleman

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

Update after ~1 month.

I haven't seen any adverse reactions from B, G or Y from the site edits. The new page is showing at #2 spot for the KW. I haven't seen any ranking on other SEs yet. whitehat.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.