• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Is It Okay To Have Your Web Design Site And Client Sites On The Same S

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 keress

keress

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

Back six or seven years ago there was talk that it was best not to have your own web design site, which links to your client sites, and vice versa, on the same server as the client sites. The theory was that the links would have less validity as backlinks, this apparent "nepotism" would be too obvious.

My expectation now is that Google and the rest probably know what the score is in any case, and doesn't care. All my client sites linking to me does appear to help my ranking in my local market. I certainly can't afford to lose that.

I'd like to set up a reseller account with just one host, with all my sites there for simplicity and economy. But I need to confirm that it's not going to mess up 'my good thing' by putting everything on one host.

Thanks!

#2 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:37 AM

Honestly it does not make sense to me that separating accounts to different servers should make any difference, I didn't say does. If you think about this, there are several hosting companies which serve perhaps a million or more websites, there might be 1000 small sites on a shared account on the same server, so perhaps 25-50 reseller accounts and a couple hundred individual accounts.

Unknowingly you take on several accounts which are on the same server but under a different reseller or individual. Should you be penalized just because of the hosting situation?

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,112 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:54 AM

http://www.highranki...mp;#entry308569

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the