• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Big Brother - Not Sure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tomsk

tomsk

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:45 AM

I have never really to subscribed to any big brother theories as I suspect that they are part of everyday life and always will be, however I am not sure that giving google all your information will help your work.

I have a site that has been number 1 for the keywords for that are not very competitive so no real struggle, I create the site in 2004 and done nothing to it since, the friend I did the site for ask me to add some more content 3 weeks ago for another product that he is adding to his range, so I thought while I am at it I will add google analytics to the site to see what level of traffic he has been getting on a weekly basis, so I applied for the code etc and placed it on the existing site, at this stage I have not changed anything on the site other than to tell google that they now can montior the stats for me.

Today the site has fallen of a cliff for keywords.

Ok so the google changes all the time, but what it has replaced it with is a site with a domain that I own with the same text and content on it that I had tested it on over 4 years ago and simply forgot to take it down.

I am beginning to think that given google information can cause you a problem, I gave them a site map on another website and my site bomb again.

Hmm perhaps just paranoid.

#2 ScottSalwolke

ScottSalwolke

Scott Salwolke

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(tomsk @ Feb 13 2010, 06:45 AM) View Post
Hmm perhaps just paranoid.

Paranoid may be the key word. Take down the other site and see what happens. But adding analytics wouldn't hurt a site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!