• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Keyword Placement

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,573 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

If your test page is the one I think it must be, I'm seeing it returned as the first result for site:dottedi.biz "chars" -- that's the last 5 characters of the 100-character tag.

#17 SteelersFan

SteelersFan

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE(Jill @ Feb 13 2010, 02:56 PM) View Post
The only way to know is to try it and see.

Let us know how it goes! smile.gif

Well, without messing up what I already have, I can tell you that the other search engines have picked up other pages of my site for two of my 3 major keywords and the pages they picked rank higher than my homepage does for the same keywords on Google. Not sure if that is a valid measurement or not of what would happen if I just used my website title which is 2 words and contains the most important keyword which I rank page 2 on in Google. This is a term that gets about 800,000 searches a month for. thinking.gif

QUOTE(ChaibiAlaa @ Feb 13 2010, 04:50 PM) View Post
Yes, It's very important, when you search on google, don't you see that searched keywords are shown bold on results titles ? It just that google care about what is putted on titles wink1.gif

I know the keywords matter in the title, it's just I've seen results where the keywords were at the front, middle, and end of a page 1 SERPs. So for that reason, I don't know if it really matter where the keywords are placed? You can only put one word at the first spot, and so forth. wacko.gif

QUOTE(kieronhughes @ Feb 14 2010, 06:36 AM) View Post
In my experience I haven't noticed any difference when placing keywords at the beginning or the end of the title string. I generally target 2 or 3 phrases (or 'keywords') in the title tag, ensuring the length is no longer than around 65 characters.

That's what I'm trying to do now. I figured my ranking on page 2 for my most important keyword probably has something to do with the fact the word is at the front spot in the title and that it is also in the URL domain name. Plus I've used the term a good bit on the page. wink1.gif

#18 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(qwerty @ Feb 15 2010, 10:28 AM) View Post
If your test page is the one I think it must be, I'm seeing it returned as the first result for site:dottedi.biz "chars" -- that's the last 5 characters of the 100-character tag.

Yes that's the page. In the text I had to be careful not to repeat the title verbatim and skew the results. The full text: "Which search engines will fully index 100 character title tags? This page's tag is exactly 100 chars" should be 100 characters. If you google it and chop off the word 'chars' it is found using a quoted search, but add one more character results in da nada.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!