• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Adwords Cost Vs. Revenue At Keyword Level

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lang

Lang

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:40 AM

Our Analytics and Adwords accounts are properly linked and communicating nicely.

Within Analytics, I would like to be able to compare Cost vs. Revenue at the Keyword Level. It seems difficult to clearly compare the two - which obviously would be supremely beneficial.

In Analytics I can go to Traffic Sources > Adwords > Adwords Campaigns.

Within that subset, I can drill down to the Keyword level. From there I can see Revenue on the Ecommerce tab & Cost on the Clicks tab. But I can't figure out how to group them together to easily compare and furthermore - the Ecommerce tab & Clicks tab do not have the same sub-levels - meaning I can't sort them by a common metric.

Am I missing something? This seems purposely difficult.

#2 Lang

Lang

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:20 PM

Should I try this in the [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showforum=19]PPC forum[/url]?

#3 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(Lang @ Feb 11 2010, 04:40 PM) View Post
Within Analytics, I would like to be able to compare Cost vs. Revenue at the Keyword Level. It seems difficult to clearly compare the two - which obviously would be supremely beneficial.

Lang, Why do you feel the need to do this via analytics??

Why not just drill down into your adgroups in GOad and monitor your cons? Any keywords that aren't performing...delete them.

unsure.gif

#4 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

I don't think it'll help to post in the [url=http://www.highrankings.com/forum/index.php?showforum=19]PPC forum[/url] Lang.

The issue is basically that you're trying to get some tools to do something they were never designed to do. Unless the tools are tweaked it's simply not going to be info you'll have available in the way you want it.

#5 Lang

Lang

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

As a general practice, do you all monitor the cost in Adwords and compare that with Revenue in Analytics? Clearly I'm no Adwords expert, but I just don't see how to view both within Adwords.

Edited by qwerty, 21 February 2010 - 06:52 PM.

#6 SelfMade

SelfMade

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE(Lang @ Feb 21 2010, 10:35 PM) View Post
As a general practice, do you all monitor the cost in Adwords and compare that with Revenue in Analytics? Clearly I'm no Adwords expert, but I just don't see how to view both within Adwords.

You can't compare direct adword campaign revenue via analytics. As you say you do not sell a "product" in the literal meaning of the word, so what do you want to analyze?

Hits? From a PPC point of view, merely observing hits is gonna tell you nothing!

You say you provide a service? Can this service be purchased directly from your site? If so, this can now be classed as a conversion if you SELL that service.

In that scenario you will need to place conversion tracking code into a page only purchasers will see...like a 'thankyou' page.

You can get this code for free from google, just type in a search for [google conversion tracking].

You can now track your conR against keyword performance that you have bidded for just select....Campaigns>your campaign name>Keywords and boom! You will have several columns 1 of which is specific to Conversions.

Now supposing...you had 3 keyword phrases 'get bread and butter' 'buy bread and butter' and 'bread and butter sale'GoAd tells you that you had 200 searches for 'get bread and butter' and ConR of 0.12% (for example).

You also have 300 searches for 'buy bread and butter' and conR of 1%.

Your 3rd phrase 'bread and butter sale' has 200 hits and a ConR of 3%...which keyword phrase should be dropped?

'get bread and butter' because for every 100 clicks 0 converted!

Analytics imo is for organic sites...it's not designed as a metric for ROI.

unsure.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!