• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Unable To Access Forum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seo_bright

seo_bright

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:25 AM

I am regular reader and user of this forum, but lately, in my work place whenver I type,highrankings.com/forum/
I am getting a message like Sorry, you cannot access the forum. I recently changed jobs and in the new company also the same error comes. But this works fine from my home. It it that they have blocked certain Ips from accessing the forum? If so what has to be done at our end? Actually I had used the forum from my old company itself and only recently ie from last November only I cannot access it. We had also written in contact us form here in website but got no reply

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,989 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:30 AM

Yes, we've banned many IPs where spammers come in from. If you want to pm me with your work IP I can see if I can unban it for you. It will depend on how much spam we got from there.

#3 Randy

Randy

Convert Me!

• 17,540 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 02:55 PM

It may be a setting in your work network too seo_bright. Lots of business network admins routinely block access for users on their internal network to make sure employees aren't out surfing the web for their own pleasure while at work. You know, any url with twitter.com, facebook.com, myspace.com. And of course any url that has /forum or /forums in the address.

If I had to guess you're probably going to find it's one of those blanket bans. It wouldn't hurt to have Jill or one of us double check to make sure it's not a ban or filter on this end, but I'd say it's probably a 90/10 thing that it's on your end while at work. In which case about all you can do is try to make the case to the in house IT/Network Admin that you need access to this one address so they can whitelist it for you. Of course in that you'd have to be able to make the case that coming to HRF during work hours is actually something that helps you in your job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!